This recipe is what rescued me from my cravings for crunchy, salty, savory. Sweet potato chips don’t work for that – they are too sweet. I love them for other things! But not for savory.
These are extremely reminiscent of corn chips. In fact, I would not hesitate to serve these to anyone – they are just so crispy and fabulous.
The recipe is actually not an original of mine – it is one that I played with (AIP Buttery Pita Chips).
Use the subs that I have mentioned below to make them into corn chips/crackers.
- Sub the baking soda for AIP Baking Power – click here for a recipe if you need one. (For some reason I liked this flavor better and they don’t need to rise much…)
- Roll the dough between two pieces of parchment paper – and get it pretty thin.
- Bake for more like 10 minutes – but until they are a very light golden brown.
- Break into pieces after they cool for a minute. If you can wait that long!
- Serve with AIP Guacamole for an AMAZING corn chip replacement.