Happy Thanksgiving! 🙂 I need to start rotating my coconut, so I thought this would be a fun addition to my happy dessert list! It is quite filling! I used Fuji apples. Just know that the cooking time will vary depending on the kind of apples you use. 🙂
6 cups peeled, chopped apples (preferably organic)
1/2 cup pastured lard (feel free to sub coconut oil or butter here…)
3/4 cup arrowroot powder (Affiliate Link)
1/2 cup dehydrated cane juice (should look like dirt) (Affiliate Link)
1/2 tsp. sea salt
1 Tbs. cinnamon
1/4 cup raisins
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place chopped apples in a 9×9″ pan.
2. Mix all the topping ingredients together until they are a mushy dough.
3. Drop topping mixture on top of apples.
4. Bake for 30 minutes, then cover with foil and bake for an additional 30 minutes. (The baking time will be influenced by the kind of apples you choose. You want the apples tender! The topping drips down and creates a luscious goop. I used Fuji apples – and it was perfect.)
5. Let cool slightly as the topping is pretty molten when it first comes out of the oven. Enjoy! 🙂